The UTK Faculty Senate represents the faculty in the shared governance of the university.
Senators are elected from the various academic units; we work as a body and through committees to develop and recommend policies regarding the educational objectives of the campus.
We consider, advise, and recommend policies and procedures in other matters which concern the general welfare of the faculty:
- criteria for faculty appointment, dismissal, promotions, tenure, and retirement;
- criteria for the selection of the chief academic officer and other campus administrative officers;
- priorities for the University budget;
- priorities for the University development plan;
- changes in physical facilities.
We also consider, advise, and recommend on proposed policies regarding student life, rights, and responsibilities.
The Faculty Senate President serves on the University Faculty Council, who attend Board of Trustees meetings and advise the system president.
The current Faculty Senate Calendar dates are listed under Calendar. Minutes to meetings are posted under Reports, Minutes and Publications.
2017-2018 Faculty Senate and Executive Council Meeting Dates
2017 Faculty Senate Retreat
The Annual Faculty Senate Retreat for the 2016-2017 academic year will be held on Friday, August 25, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., in Room 413ABC, UT Conference Center Building, 600 Henley Street.